Non-NHS Services

Non-NHS Services are provided for a fee (private sick notes, HGV, PSV & Taxi Medicals, employment medicals, medical insurance forms, e.g. BUPA).

There are some services we have to make a charge for, like other GP practices. However, at Hindon we have decided not to make a charge for everything we do.

For some services (download leaflet below) we will not charge, although we do suggest that you may like to make a donation to the Hindon Surgery Medical Fund. This fund is used to buy equipment for the benefit of all our patients that are not funded through normal NHS processes.

Please leave forms at reception with enough detail to enable us to fill them out. There is usually no need for a face to face consultation with the doctor. As this is a private service it must be done once we have fulfilled our NHS duties and tends to be in the evenings or weekends outside surgery hours.

Please do not present these forms and requests for letters not covered by the NHS during consultations. Please give us enough information and time to fill out the form. We cannot interrupt the care we are providing for other patients because a form has been forgotten.

Housing Letters

We only provide these if asked to by letter by the council. The same applies to requests for reports by solicitors or other agencies. This ensures we know what information is required and who to send the letter to.

Private Patients

We have no private patients and apart from the services mentioned previously do not provide any private medical services to patients registered with the practice.